DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT MEDICAL ADVICE! We do not employ doctors or licensed medical professionals, so we do not provide medical advice. Nothing presented here is a substitute for the advice of a DOCTOR or other licensed health care provider. Never stop, start or add medications or supplements to your health or mental health care regime without first checking for interactions or other problems, and thoroughly researching the substance. Before you employ any information here, consult your health care professional. No information here is the result of valid clinical trials.
Here is yet another reminder that Cymbalta - whether on it or reducing - can lead to mis-diagnosis in other areas.
Cymbalta has this scary ability to "mimic" other health problems.
By one of our members, Heidi Brenneman
- Hey my fellow sufferers! Did you know that Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms can mimic the symptoms of hypothyroid???
- How many of you have been treated by a well-meaning doctor or naturopath with thyroid medication that you felt you didn't need?
- If you think you may be one of these people, get your test results together for your TSH, T4 & T3 and look again.
- If your tests reveal that you're within the normal range pre-thyroid medication, you might want to seek a 2nd opinion on your need to take these meds.
- If you have not been diagnosed with Hashimotos, you may be taking thyroid medication that you don't need at all! I freaking HATE doctors! Argh!
Taken from an interview with Dr. Kelly Brogan:
Which medical tests can actually help pinpoint the root cause of what we commonly think of as mood disorders?
At the very start of treatment, as my patients begin my strict dietary protocol, I order the following tests:
- Thyroid function tests: TSH, free T3, free T4, thyroid autoantibodies, and reverse T3
- Underlying genetic variant: the MTHFR gene test (the MTHFR gene produces the MTHFR enzyme, methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase, which is essential for several bodily processes that directly tie into mental well-being)
- Signs of vitamin B12 deficiency: serum vitamin B12 levels and homocysteine levels, which can detect B12 deficiency as well
- Levels of inflammation: High-sensitivity C-reactive protein
- Blood sugar balance: Haemoglobin A1C
- Vitamin D deficiency: Levels of 25OH vitamin D in the blood
This is about suicidal thoughts, imaginings and plans. This is a possible effect of many medications: antidepressants and anticonvulsants. When taking or tapering off Cymbalta / Duloxetine, young and old, we are at risk. This is one reason CHW does not allow promoting or advocating Cymbalta or other drugs.Read More
CHW IS GROWING AND WE OVER TO 25,000 MEMBERS AND MANY OFFICIAL AND UNOFFICIAL ADMINS FOR THE PAGE.
I don’t want anyone to feel they haven’t been seen and heard, so we try to be as lenient with discussion as possible while at the same time protecting members from dangerous tapering advice.
Looking for help with something?
Search our site below...
© 2019 Healing America Now, Inc.