DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT MEDICAL ADVICE! We do not employ doctors or licensed medical professionals, so we do not provide medical advice. Nothing presented here is a substitute for the advice of a DOCTOR or other licensed health care provider. Never stop, start or add medications or supplements to your health or mental health care regime without first checking for interactions or other problems, and thoroughly researching the substance. Before you employ any information here, consult your health care professional. No information here is the result of valid clinical trials.
Here is yet another reminder that Cymbalta - whether on it or reducing - can lead to mis-diagnosis in other areas.
Cymbalta has this scary ability to "mimic" other health problems.
By one of our members, Heidi Brenneman
- Hey my fellow sufferers! Did you know that Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms can mimic the symptoms of hypothyroid???
- How many of you have been treated by a well-meaning doctor or naturopath with thyroid medication that you felt you didn't need?
- If you think you may be one of these people, get your test results together for your TSH, T4 & T3 and look again.
- If your tests reveal that you're within the normal range pre-thyroid medication, you might want to seek a 2nd opinion on your need to take these meds.
- If you have not been diagnosed with Hashimotos, you may be taking thyroid medication that you don't need at all! I freaking HATE doctors! Argh!
Taken from an interview with Dr. Kelly Brogan:
Which medical tests can actually help pinpoint the root cause of what we commonly think of as mood disorders?
At the very start of treatment, as my patients begin my strict dietary protocol, I order the following tests:
- Thyroid function tests: TSH, free T3, free T4, thyroid autoantibodies, and reverse T3
- Underlying genetic variant: the MTHFR gene test (the MTHFR gene produces the MTHFR enzyme, methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase, which is essential for several bodily processes that directly tie into mental well-being)
- Signs of vitamin B12 deficiency: serum vitamin B12 levels and homocysteine levels, which can detect B12 deficiency as well
- Levels of inflammation: High-sensitivity C-reactive protein
- Blood sugar balance: Haemoglobin A1C
- Vitamin D deficiency: Levels of 25OH vitamin D in the blood
Looking for help with something?
Search our site below...
© 2019 Healing America Now, Inc.