DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT MEDICAL ADVICE! We do not employ doctors or licensed medical professionals, so we do not provide medical advice. Nothing presented here is a substitute for the advice of a DOCTOR or other licensed health care provider. Never stop, start or add medications or supplements to your health or mental health care regime without first checking for interactions or other problems, and thoroughly researching the substance. Before you employ any information here, consult your health care professional. No information here is the result of valid clinical trials.
Bipolar - Underlying Root Causes and Alternatives to Drugs
Bipolar is purely subjective.
Often, a diagnosis of bipolar is really side effects from prescription drugs, street drugs, alcohol abuse and/or problems with blood sugar regulation and nutrient absorption. The way to heal is not with powerful, toxic pharmaceutical drugs.
There is an increasing number of doctors who are starting to question what they have been taught in pharma-backed medical schools.
After 12 Years of Searching for Cause of Bipolar Disorder, Researchers Conclude it Has Many
"People with bipolar disorder had higher levels of saturated fats in their diets, and the research also found associations between levels of certain fat molecules in the blood of patients and their mood or level of symptoms.Looking at the microbes living in the gastrointestinal tracts of patients and comparison volunteers, the researchers found lower levels of a key bacteria type, and less diversity of microbes in patients taking antipsychotic medications."
Antidepressants in Bipolar Disorder: The Controversies: Can antidepressants trigger manic symptoms?
Yes. Almost universal agreement. But, how often does this happen? Some say 4% of the time Gjisman, some say 44% of the time Truman in some circumstances. Yet it doesn't really make much difference, you see: yes, there is significant risk, at least 1 per 25 users, maybe more like 1 per 3 or even 1 per 2 for some people. But because there are at least 9 alternatives to using an antidepressant to treat bipolar depression, most patients with bipolarity do not have to decide whether to take the pro-mania/hypomania risk of an antidepressant. They can just use something else.
Do 5 Million Americans Really Have Bipolar Disorder?
- Are You Really Bipolar or Misdiagnosed Due to the Use of or Abrupt Discontinuation of an Antidepressant?
- Bipolar disorder has absolutely skyrocketed since the introduction of the SSRI antidepressants - a shocking increase of 4000% just from 1996 - 2004!
Antidepressant Discontinuation-Related Mania
Critical Prospective Observation and Theoretical Implications in Bipolar Disorder
Development of manic symptoms on antidepressant discontinuation has primarily been reported in unipolar patients. This case series presents preliminary evidence for a similar phenomenon in bipolar patients.
WITHOUT ANTIDEPRESSANTS WOULD WE HAVE WORLD BIPOLAR DAY?
Initially when the SSRI antidepressants were introduced many psychiatrists refused to prescribe Prozac or drugs like it due to their strong potential of inducing a manic psychosis. Prozac or drugs which work on the same principle as Prozac - Zoloft, Luvox, Paxil, Celexa etc., are known as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and are designed to inhibit the metabolism of serotonin, thereby increasing levels of this neurotransmitter in the brain and throughout the body. Yet what so few are aware of is that the psychedelic drugs (PCP also known as Angel Dust and LSD) actually mimic serotonin in order to produce hallucinations.
....About a quarter of a million people in the late 90's per year were being chemically induced into a Bipolar psychosis. Dr. Bowers study was done close to two decades ago. But with the extremely widespread use of these drugs since that time it seems everyone now knows someone who has a diagnosis of Bipolar when before the introduction of the first SSRI, Prozac most of us had never heard of someone who was Bipolar or Manic-Depressive as it was once called He then said that the large majority were being undetected as antidepressant-induced psychosis and were mistakenly continued on the offending medications, meaning the drugs were being allowed to continue to exacerbate the Bipolar condition.
Dr. William Walsh - Biochemical Individuality and Nutrition
Fibromyalgia and bipolar - what's the link? the drugs
Click on the link for the full article: https://beyondmeds.com/2011/09/12/fibrobipolar-2/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+wordpress%2FAUWO+%28Beyond+Meds%29/
"Antidepressants often trigger mania in people who would otherwise not have it. BUT!! Antidepressant withdrawal also, as most psychotropic drug withdrawal, triggers chronic pain in many people. Sometimes people call it fibromyalgia. So what comes first here? I've seen hundreds of people in withdrawal groups develop pain and recover from it once the drugs are out of their system and they have the time to recover from the withdrawal syndrome. The drugs used to treat bipolar and depression often cause pain. Many people never realize it's iatrogenesis, drug induced-illness, and they call it fibromyalgia instead. If a large number never figure out the meds are causing it they simply think they have another disease and rather than coming off the offending meds, end up adding even more meds to fight the pain."
"Advanced Nutrient Therapies for Bipolar Disorders with Dr. Walsh"
Natural Treatment for Bipolar: (audio only) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bngPW55Po1k
- Dr. Kelly Brogan - Ali's Story: Healing Bipolar Disorder and Suicidality
- Dr. Kelly Brogan - "Two Foods That May Sabotage Your Brain"
- Bipolar Disorder May Be An Adverse Effect Of Venlafaxine And SSRIs, 2 Commonly Prescribed Antidepressants
- Do antidepressants increase the risk of mania and bipolar disorder in people with depression? A retrospective electronic case register cohort study
- Brain Scans Cannot Differentiate Between Mental Health Conditions:
Are Mental Disorders the Result of Neuroinflammation?
- Antidepressant induced Hypomania or antidepressant induced ADHD exacerbation?
- "There is a vast amount of data from traditional psychiatry, that opines Bipolar Disorder to be a genetic disorder, but that doesn't explain what causes it.
The inability to break down Norepinephrine due to a deficiency in an enzyme called COMT is one objective finding I have found useful in explaining to patients why they behave or react certain ways. (And this one is a genetic find)
Pfeiffer reported that those who have daily or day-to-day mood swings have food allergies or hypoglycemia. In addition, he said they are pyroluric and are easily treated with adequate doses of B6 and Zinc. (do you know about pyroluria?)
- The latest psychiatry journals have finally published info about EFAs (essential fatty acids) and how patients taking those have relieved their symptoms of depression and Bipolar Disorder, and many of these patients have stopped using meds completely. So are these people still Bipolar?
- Furthermore, there is now a Bipolar IV Disorder. That is, a patient who has an adverse reaction to a medication, such as an antidepressant and exhibits signs of mania, therefore, is labeled Bipolar. If this person never had this medication, they would never had this experience, nor would they have the diagnosis." (to read the full article, click on the link above)
- How Sensitivities to Food and Other Substances Can Effect the Mind
- "The knowledge that allergy to foods and chemicals can adversely affect moods and behaviour in susceptible individuals has been known for a very long time. Early reports, as well as current research, have found that allergies can affect any system of the body, including the central nervous system. They can cause a diversity of symptoms including fatigue, slowed thought processes, irritability, agitation, aggressive behaviour, nervousness, anxiety, depression, schizophrenia, hyperactivity and varied learning disabilities. Food intolerance, lack of absorption of food and relief with fasting are three key pointers to the food-allergic patient. These patients usually have a low blood histamine, a fast pulse and food idiosyncrasies which may be expressed as strong likes and dislikes. Favourite foods are often the offending foods so the patients is like an addict, eating the offending food to obtain a psychiatric high."
CHW Tapering Off Multiple Drugs
There are three schools of thought on tapering multiple drugs: 1) Taper one drug at a time in order to connect decreases to withdrawal symptoms.2) Taper all at once – very slowly 3) The stair-step method, where one drug is slow tapered for awhile, and then tapering that drug is stopped before tapering the next drug begins.Read More
CHW Fighting Insomnia
Fighting insomnia with a better sleep environment and routine
Two powerful weapons in the fight against insomnia are a quiet, comfortable bedroom and a relaxing bedtime routine. Both can make a big difference in improving the quality of your sleep.
CHW Anti-Inflammatory, Pain-Fighting Diet
The meaning of optimum in OPTIMUM DIET is the diet which best supports recovery from illness and maintenance of health. This support also includes optimum energy, athletic performance, mental power and endurance, preventing degenerative disease and staying young.Read More
CHW Managing Withdrawal Symptoms
Natural and over-the-counter methods for managing many different withdrawal symptoms.Read More
CHW Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain Resources
Alternatives to Drugs for Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Other Chronic Health Problems. Contrary to what the public is being led to believe, there are natural, effective treatments for fibromyalgia (FM) and chronic pain.Read More
CHW FAQ and Key Definitions
These are simple questions, mostly with short answers. The key words will help you search the “CHW Files” list for documents giving more detail. Use the “Search” box on the CHW FB page to see what others have said about (key word) and see what they have experienced.Read More
Looking for help with something?
Search our site below...
Please take the time to report your adverse symptoms from Cymbalta and Cymbalta withdrawal to the FDA. Call 1-800-332-1088
© 2019 Healing America Now