DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT MEDICAL ADVICE! We do not employ doctors or licensed medical professionals, so we do not provide medical advice. Nothing presented here is a substitute for the advice of a DOCTOR or other licensed health care provider. Never stop, start or add medications or supplements to your health or mental health care regime without first checking for interactions or other problems, and thoroughly researching the substance. Before you employ any information here, consult your health care professional. No information here is the result of valid clinical trials.
All Pharma drugs affect all organs and some can mask underlying root health problems.
Mental health, autoimmunity and chronic pain symptoms may be caused by toxicities, sensitivities, deficiencies, infections, imbalances (hormone, thyroid, pituitary, adrenal), physical or emotional trauma, genetic factors, system overloads (mycotoxins), poor coping skills or leaky gut/poor gut health.
If you have tapered off of Cymbalta (or other pharma) and still feel out of sorts or sluggish, etc. consider these tests:
- Hormone profile - http://www.zrtlab.com/Patients/Hormones-101
- Thyroid - http://www.webmd.com/women/thyroid-hormone-tests
- Don't let the docs take your thyroid gland. You'll be stuck on a medication for life. If you have already had your thyroid remove Dr. Mercola suggests the right kind of medication and why.
- Vitamin D - http://www.webmd.com/osteoporosis/vitamin-d-test
- Cortisol - http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/cortisol-14668
- Which medical tests can actually help pinpoint the root cause of what we commonly think of as mood disorders? At the very start of treatment, as my patients begin a strict dietary protocol, the following tests seem appropriate:
- Thyroid function tests: TSH, free T3, free T4, thyroid autoantibodies, and reverse T3
- Underlying genetic variant: the MTHFR gene test (the MTHFR gene produces the MTHFR enzyme, methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase, which is essential for several bodily processes that directly tie into mental well-being)
- Signs of vitamin B12 deficiency: serum vitamin B12 levels and homocysteine levels, which can detect B12 deficiency as well
- Levels of inflammation: High-sensitivity C-reactive protein
- Blood sugar balance: Hemoglobin A1C
- Vitamin D deficiency: Levels of 25OH vitamin D in the blood
Suggested in an interview.
- Electrolyte Panel http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/electrolyte-panel-topic-overview
- Metabolic Panel https://labtestsonline.org/tests/basic-metabolic-panel-bmp
- Do you know what the Cytochrome P450 is? It is an enzyme which helps with metabolizing chemicals in the body. It is thought that roughly 10% of the population is missing this enzyme and that is a big problem when taking multiple meds. Here is what Dr. Ruth Levine has to say " The bad news is that we still only know the metabolism of a minority of drugs and most of our patients are on more than one drug". She also, says " The outcome of drug/drug interactions can range from annoying to catastrophic....and death!". Have yourselves tested for the Cytochrome P450 gene. Could answer a lot of questions as to why you are having severe reactions when others don't.
- From Béatrice Challer- Low thyroid function is linked to depression and anxiety. If you have not had your thyroid checked have the following test done : free t4 and free t3, reverse t3 (very important though doctors don't do this test), tSh, tpoab and tgab to check if you have hashimoto. Do not trust your doctor if she/he says your results are fine. Ask for a copy of your results and check in Facebook ftpo thyroid patient only to see if your results are actually fine or not. If I had done that I could have been treated with thyroid hormones replacement therapy instead of ADs. Second thing : have your b12 and vitamin d3, calcium, magnesium rbc, iron panel (4 tests), potassium, zinc, selenium tested. If you have had eating disorders you most likely have deficiencies. Have a 4 point saliva test done, you most likely as well have adrenal fatigue. Do you crave salt? If you have all of these checked, and deal with, and clean your diet, it could solve some of your issues
The connection between mental health, diet, nutrition and gut health. Diet, nutrition, and chronic systemic inflammation are linked to health and mental health disorders such as anxiety, depression, bipolar, and even schizophrenia.Read More
Bipolar is purely subjective. Many times the bipolar diagnoses is really side effects from prescription or street drugs and alcohol, and/or problems with blood sugar regulation and nutrient absorption. Not saying that people aren’t truly suffering but the way to heal is not with powerful, toxic pharmaceutical drugs.Read More
In Cymbalta Hurts Worse, we spend an inordinate amount of time stressing the importance of a slow, slow taper to avoid Discontinuation Syndrome, but it is important to also mention Serotonin Syndrome. Sometimes people have such an immediate bad reaction to Cymbalta or other drugs their lives are in danger the drug must be stopped immediately.Read More
Looking for help with something?
Search our site below...
© 2019 Healing America Now